Monday 2 December 2019

….. And so they say you should never go back but here we are once more - For three nights only, I'll give you my favourites gigs, songs and albums of 2019

So first up I thought I'd go with my top 5 gigs of the year

February - The Ruts DC at the Exeter Phoenix. Still a great live band and celebrating their debut album, The Crack

February - Drift Chamber at St Stephens Church, Exeter. My favourite venue of the year lit up with the fairy lights and candles. Could still be better if it had a toilet!

May - T'Pau at the Exmouth Festival. I don't do many 'big' gigs in terms of size but the band were great and the whole day was a lot of fun

August - Inkubus Sukkubus at the Exeter Cavern. Waited ages to see this band again (19 years!) but they didn't disappoint, a proper goth night out

November - Big Country at the Exeter Phoenix. The best gig of the year, sung myself hoarse to Chance, Lost Patrol, Steeltown and many others...

No comments:

Post a Comment